Karen Brown, Writer

Friday, December 2, 2016

Mythology on the Hit List

January 30, 2017

In an effort to find out what all the fuss is over Greek culture, President Trump took a tour of the country. At one point he found himself visiting Mount Parnassas.

"What is the place?" he asked his guide. "It looks all beat up."

"You are on Mount Parnassas, Mr. President," the guide replied. "It is the home of our muses of learning, literature, and music."

"Huh. Sounds dangerous to me," the president said. "Blow it up."

"But that is impossible, sir. It is a most important part of our history."

"I'll give you ten million dollars to blow it up."

"With all due respect," the guide said, "It is well known that you often renege on your promises to pay."

"That's a hateful Democrat lie. But how about this. I'll give you my first born son."

"Sorry, sir, but Greece is not looking to increase its supply of ignorant people."

"Hmm. Well, I'll think of something. Meanwhile, get some dynamite and heavy equipment up here. This place is history."

"Indeed it is, Mr. Presidunce . . . Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. President. Sometimes my English is not so good."
Hehee.


No comments:

Post a Comment