Karen Brown, Writer

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Writers Block

I haven't posted for a while. Writers block has kept me down. Some writers don't believe in writers block; I do. I think mine came from overdosing on the Trump administration.

I read The Washington Post every day, which can become a toxic habit when all the news all the time is about Donald Trump. Those of you who admire him cannot understand, I imagine, how learning about the threads of corruption and disreputable connections involving the president can make a person not just mentally depressed, but also physically ill. I have been ill from knowing that evil which extends from our White House to other governments and other leaders lurks in many areas and individuals of our government. I get my information from other sources than the Post, of course, but not from biased, one sided talking heads. I am careful about how I choose my sources of information.

I stopped reading the Post a few weeks ago, and seldom watch broadcast news shows. A person can only take so much dismal news. I'm beginning to recover from my news depression and my writers block, so I hope I can soon concentrate on my blog. My sense of humor has suffered as well. The only amusing thing that I have thought of recently is this:

President Trump denies that he made fun of a disabled journalist during a presidential campaign rally last year. He swears he never did such a thing, that he loves the disabled. "I love disabled people so much that several years ago I hired a blind hair dresser, and that has worked out very well for me," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment