Back in the 1950s when movies were advertised to be better than ever but actually sucked more than ever, there was a clunker that I barely remember called Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Somehow aliens arrived on earth with these giant pods that looked like pea pods. Inside the pod was an alien that looked like an earthling they wanted to switch with the pod person, who was an evil alien, of course. That's all I remember.
Audiences trembled for fear that the pod people would succeed and take over the earth, but in the end fumbling scientists and/or world leaders or maybe just a kid with a squirt gun filled with Kool Aid defeated the aliens and saved the world. Yea!
Now what I want to know is how can I get in touch with Planet Body Snatchers? Do I call the studio that made the movie? Or can I just Google Body Snatchers? I have a fairly long list of bodies whose inhabitants would be improved by switching them with aliens, no matter how vile or ignorant those aliens might be. I'm trusting that the original bodies would be packed into a pod and sent to a far away planet where they would be stored and quick frozen forever.
Everyone has a favorite fantasy. This is mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment