Karen Brown, Writer

Friday, February 15, 2019

Vladimir Trump

It's not much fun anymore, picking on Donald Trump. Back when I thought he was just a clueless clown, playing president because he thought it would look good on his resume, I had a good time jerking him around. But now . . . but now he has shown America that he means business when he savages so much of what decent Americans want from their government and holds secret meetings with Vladimir Putin, then takes away the interpreter's notes so that no American, except him, will ever know what was said in those meetings.

I am sickened by the thought of what all those thousands of children and parents ripped from each other at our southern border are going through. Even worse, what psychological damage is being done to them every day that they are separated from each other? What nightmares and fears fill the heads of children who don't know why they have been separated or if they will ever see their parents again? These fears will never go away. They will haunt their victims for the rest of their lives. And Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions will never give it a second thought.

That stupid wall. Most Americans don't want it. The land owners whose property will taken from them for the wall to be built almost certainly don't want it. Yet Trump has invented a mountain of lies to justify building it. The Berlin Wall finally fell. And surely some Hispanic with a blow torch or something similar could blast through his beautiful steel wall.

The Great Wall of China still stands, though, and probably always will, It was started around 221 BC and finished in 1878. Around 400,000 people died during its construction. I don't think that Trump has that much time to build his wall. But if he did,
 he would probably not object to letting 400,000 people die building it.

There is joke going around the internet that explains that the Great Wall was built to keep invaders out of China and that it has worked perfectly: not a single Mexican has invaded China in all those years.

It is reported that Donald Trump watches Fox TV and gets many of his ideas for governing from there, and that he is especially fond of Sean Hannity. I shall now revert to picking on The Donald with a bit of doggerel that I wrote. You can sing it, if you like, to the tune of "I Want to Buy the World a Coke."

     I want to be on Fox TV
     And be a talking head.
     I want to be
     Sean Hannity
     'Cause my brain cells are dead.

     And Donald Trump says
     Sean's his guy
     He loves to be his pet.
     They wag their tongues
     In harmony
     A fair and balanced set.







No comments:

Post a Comment