The other day I saw on the Internet a picture of a two story outhouse. Think about it. Could there possibly be in this construction a bit of a design flaw?
As I thought about it I concluded that this outhouse had to be the result of committee planning. Not just any committee planning, though. Congressional committee planning. I see a committee rushing toward a deadline not only to stretch their budget but also to convince their constituents that they have actually done some work this year. They know, of course, that their outhouse bill won't pass by itself, being just a hair dumber than the average bill, so they tacked it onto a bill to provide funds for underprivileged school children that had been languishing in their files for many years and sent it on.
The bill was approved and a no-bid contract was given to a congressman's nephew who owned and operated a construction business in a state which seldom looked too carefully at business practices or government spending.
The outhouse was placed into construction and is being promoted as a lawn ornament for those who have access to government spending accounts.
Your tax dollars at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment